Welcome to Be a Mentor (BAM)!
Welcome to Be a Mentor! BAM is partnered with Pittsburg Unified to manage volunteer clearances for their schools.
The first step to gaining clearance is applying. The application link is www.beamentor.org/pittsburg
- Enter your email address and click “continue”
- Select all the schools you would like to volunteer at
- Once you have entered all of your information, click SUBMIT
- Once your application has been accepted, you will receive an email prompting you to login at beamentor.org/login.
Didn’t receive the email? Check your spam and junk folders, or just try and login. If you are having trouble, please send a message with your name and DOB to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may assist.
Once you login, you will see the requirements you need to complete.
- The Fingerprint tab has the necessary live scan form and directions on where to take it. Fingerprinting clearance may take up to 30 days. If there are any issues, you will be contacted via email.
- The TB risk assessment form can be found under TB screening. All TB documents can be uploaded using the Upload Document button.
Please allow up to 1 business day for documents to be reviewed. If there are any issues, you will be contacted via email.
If you were previously cleared with fingerprints and TB, you will not have to repeat them. During the registration process, under the fingerprint section, you will see a number to call. They have a list of cleared volunteers, so they will be able to mark those requirements complete.