Concerns and Complaints
REPORT A CONCERN
The Pittsburg Unified School District’s Board of Education is committed to listening to the concerns of the community. The Board encourages parents, staff, students and community members to resolve problems early and informally whenever possible by:
- Talking to your child’s teacher
- Talking to the counselor (if applicable)
- Talking to an assistant principal (if applicable)
- Talking to your school’s principal
- Keeping a log of who you have talked to regarding your concerns and dates and times of any related incidents
If your child’s teacher or principal has not been able to resolve your concern, please contact your school's District supervisor: Contact Information for Questions, Issues, and Resolution page
Once the District has received your concern, you will be contacted by the appropriate staff.
During this process, you may be guided through the formal complaint processes outlined by Federal and California State law that includes a written statement that is signed and verified under penalty of perjury. These complaints allege a specific violation. More information on formal Title IX, Uniform, and Williams Act Complaints can be found through the links listed at the top of this section.